Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Future

                                                      Chapter One


        “But mom” I complained “I don’t want to leave” She hesitated before answering- but what she did was not answer at all. Instead of comforting me. She took my arm and pulled me toward her. She dropped the backpack she was carrying and pointed. What I saw didn’t terrified me, like every one else, it actually per say, intrigued me. She grabbed my hand, hard, and yanked me back. I kicked and screamed but it was useless. She had the strongest grip ever, which wasn’t a surprise because every day she carry’s the water buckets besides me and has never dropped them. Me on the other hand oh yea almost every other day. When we got on the street the crying stopped and the staring started. I couldn’t keep my eyes off of them. They were well, to be truth full… amazing. Some were holding these weird diamond shaped things, that after a while I realized could do powerful thing. They had the power to destroy. Anything it was aimed at was gone in a flash, like a more powerful gun.  There were more but they were holding something else. Some with other critters some with minier thems. Babies. We were getting taken over by aliens. Every one was frantic. The shouting, the bodies. The fear. Blood filled the streets along with every shroud of grass. The boy. When I looked up from the grass he was staring at me. Wide eyed with shock. Below him was his parents, I suspected. He was about my age and alone. I looked both ways but in this time, you have to look every where, I started running over to him. My mom calling my name at the end of my heels. The things took one look from me to the boy. And something happened. Something fast right in front of me, hit the ground and exploded. I was throne in the air and knocked to the ground. I saw them- the things- grab him. I saw him get taken, I saw the look of total fear the look of complete desperation. His mouth moved but I couldn’t hear him, instead I saw. He mouthed “Help me”. I tried to move but couldn’t my arm was now bleeding like a faucet. And worse yet when I looked back he was gone. My mother took me. She rapped my arm up, of course, then we ran. We ran from place to place. A new place every time, never sleeping, always keeping a look out. My arm healed at a later day, but the memories didn’t. Learning about the future is one thing. Learning how to survive it is another.

                            Chapter Two

       “Mom” I called and ran around the corner. She was standing in front of our old house, smiling like I had just come home from school. Her arms were open and waiting. I stopped at the drive way. Gaping at the sight. Wait this doesn’t make since, my moms gone and our house is destroyed. “Mom” I said again a little more confused. A single tear of joy trickled down her cheek. I took a step closer, then another. By now I was crying. I ran toward her, then stopped. In the back of her head something twitched. An antenna? But my mom didn’t have antennas. She started to morph. First her hands and feet turned dark slimy brown, then it moved up her body to her face. Help me she mouthed. Just like that kid that got taken. “Mom” I screamed again in total desperation. I tried to run, tried to save her, but I couldn’t move. I was paralyzed in total shock and fear. I sat up straight, hitting my head on the damp broken down wood above me.  “Ouch” I murmured and rubbed my head. Just another bad dream. I crawled out of the tunnel. Me and my mom traveled all over the place, we only found a few forest that weren’t taken over. So she suggested we dig a hole in one, like a little tunnel. We dug a hole about five feet into the ground that turns right into a tunnel big enough for two people to sleep in, side by side. At the top theirs a wooden door that we cover with leaves before we leave. We put wood on every side of the tunnel to keep bugs out. Basically its like as big as a queen size bed but its only about four feet tall, so we have to crawl. Any way I usually have dreams about seeing my mom, one day she left to find food and never came back. I miss her, but its hard living like this either way. My guess is that the aliens took over this planet because their planet was dying.

-Story by Amira

No comments:

Post a Comment